Sunday, December 11, 2011

All the Sketching is Done!

Im pretty excited to say that I have finished the ideating/sketching process for my line! All in all, 30 looks were designed and rough sketched and I have picked out the final 10 looks that I will create during this next co-op quarter. Im pretty excited about where the line is going, and as always the sketches have turned out a little different than how I originally thought, but thats the fun of sketching, you never know what you will end up with. Once you get into it and just design, without over-thinking, you often get the best and most unexpected looks. The final 10 I have picked have quilting, not only as a small detail as originally planned, but in some cases, as the centerpiece. When the final fabrics and colors and selected I think the quilting will definitely enhance the overall look of each outfit. Well enough teasing, here are all the 30 rough sketches that I have completed along with my scribbly notes about colors, techniques and details. 

   

   


The final 10 that I have chosen from this group have a mix of outerwear pieces, leggings, wide leg pants, blouses and dresses. I also think these 10 pieces are cohesive with one another and will go great with the knitted accessories I will be making as well. These knitted pieces will include, gloves, hats, scarves, belts, socks and possibly ear muffs and headbands. A lot, I know but those will be the last pieces to be completed because I really want to make sure that they compliment the garments and do not overrun or confuse them. Here are the final 10 looks that I will be creating!


Im so glad this part of the process is over, in some ways, this can be the hardest part! Coming up with something new and original that still compliments your style and doesn't look forced is a lot to think about! Next, I will be picking out the final fabrics and colors that will make this collection come alive! Luckily I not only have the suitcase full of fabric that I brought home from school to choose from, but my mom's entire sewing room full of every kind of fabric imaginable as well, so hopefully I wont have to purchase much additional fabric at all! My plan is to have the fabric selected by Christmas so I can start sewing my line at the beginning of the new year! Well, there's a lot more to come so keep checking back!

xoxo Hillary C.

2 comments:

  1. Loove the first one! Are you sewing all 10?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel! Yea I am haha it should be fun. When i talked to Cynthia about doing this for a co-op she said 10 would probably be the minimum so off to do 10 I go haha! Thats kinda why im starting a few weeks early so all 10 weeks can be completely devoted to sewing.

    ReplyDelete