Monday, February 27, 2012

Finished With the Fourth Look

Hey everyone! I have had a very productive past few days! I was able to get the next look done as well as marker sketch the four looks that I have completed up to this point. Okay so first things first. Here are the four illustrations with all of the new modifications that I have done to the looks. The first sketch is the exact same as the rough sketch I started with. On the second look, I decided to shorten the sleeves to make them more comfortable to wear.  The third look went from being a wide leg pant to a fitted dress that works better with the proportions of the capelet. The last illustration was modified from being a wide kimono-like sleeve to being a more traditional sleeve that is gathered into a cuff.  Check them out :)


Original Illustrations

The look I just finished making is the last illustration above. It is a fully lined teal suede-like jacket with quilted white wool side panels and a heavy gold zipper with white trim. Like the cape I completed earlier, I have lined the collar with the faux fur for extra warmth. This jacket went together relatively quick once the pieces were cut out. Most of my time was spent matching up the panels and lining the entire jacket. The second piece to go with this look is a pair of jersey leggings with quilted white wool side panels down each leg. It was hard to get a good picture of the leggings on my dress form so I laid them out flat on a table so you can get the idea of what they look like. Once I take the final pictures on the model they will look much better. Here are some pics of the pieces for the look!



 I already have the next look in progress, the plan is to have it done by the end of this week at the latest. I am working on pencil skirt look. After looking at my entire collection, I have decided that I am really excited about my outerwear pieces and that I want them to be the focus and key elements of the collection. Because of this, I am adding a quilted motorcycle jacket to the skirt look. It's definitely a lot of extra work, but in the end it will help to make the entire collection more cohesive and special. Plus, I am used to adding more work to my already full plate haha! I am going to do the final sketch for this look sometime this week too so make sure that you check back to see how it looks! Thanks for reading! 

-xoxo Hillary C.

No comments:

Post a Comment