Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Flat Sketches

Hey everyone! I know it has been a longer time than usual without a post but these flat sketches kicked my butt just like I thought they would! It also did not help that Christmas is right around the corner and I got a little sidetracked with shopping for presents, baking christmas cookies, decorating and wrapping presents, but they are finally now done and here they are! 




With these sketches I can get to work creating patterns and draping all of the muslin prototypes and final looks, which I am pretty excited about. Everything is now in place to get started once the holidays are done, or sooner if i get any free time (probably not, but trying to think positively haha). All-in-all, the collection will have 20 individual garments which will make up 10 final complete looks. 

I have also recently decided to add a little more work to my plate (which anyone that knows me well, knows I always tend to do) and add a little more detail. I want to put heat sealed flat gold studs at the cross sections of some of the quilted areas. These studs will be in key areas like the shoulders, cuffs and waistbands of particular garments and will help to add visual interest and to update that quilted pattern, without being too over-the-top. I've done my research and they are actually pretty cheap and easy to find, which is definitely a good thing for me since I am working within a short deadline. I will be experimenting with these very soon to see just how they will look on the final pieces. 

Well, I think that is all for now, I will most likely be in holiday mode for the next week or so but ill definitely post shortly after that to keep you all updated on the patterning work! I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday and a happy New Years as well!

xoxo Hillary C.

No comments:

Post a Comment