Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Final Illustrations Done and Updated Technical Flats!

As promised, I have finished the final marker illustrations of all 10 looks. These are the best way to show what the completed collection will look like when it is shot on a model so I thought it would be a good idea to show you them all together. I have edited these sketches to include any changes that I have made to the original sketched designs when I constructed them. I decided not to include any of the accessories in these illustrations because I want to mix and match them and see how they look with each look so I'm not yet sure exactly which accessories will go with each look yet. So here are the sketches!


 

I have also finished the final technical flats of each look. These flats include seams, stitch lines, normal folds that appear in the garments, zippers and quilted details. I've been slowly updating these flats from the originals that I posted in the beginning of my co-op as I have completed the looks. I still have one look in the process of being made, but I was able to get the flat done as well. I was really excited because with these flats I played a lot with making prints and patterns and turning them into swatches that I then used with live paint for the quilted details as well as using brushes in illustrator for the trims and details. My flats have definitely come a long way from a year ago and i am really happy with them overall.

 

Something that I wanted to try and learn was how to do technical flats of accessories and this was the perfect time for that. I was lucky enough to have a set of fashion brushes with trims for illustrator which came in handy when it came to the chain details. I was also able to play with making beads and fringe and shading on bracelets and I came up with a style that not only goes with my garment flats, but that is also detailed enough and interesting to look at. 
  

 Within the next day I will be finishing up the final shawl/cape look and I will try to get the photos and info uploaded as soon as its done, however I am also in the process of packing everything up to move back to Cincinnati so if I am not able to get them up by Friday, look for them that following Monday. Wish me luck! Time for me to put my head down and finish up this whole process! Thanks for reading!

-xoxo Hillary C.


No comments:

Post a Comment